Why Attendance Matters
If students are to achieve their potential, good attendance and punctuality are critical. The link between attendance and achievement is well documented. Figures from the DCSF demonstrate this very clearly.
We want all our students to achieve the very best examination results that they can. Irregular attendance, can, however, have a significant impact on student achievement. Students with irregular attendance…
What is good attendance?
- Get behind with work
- Lose the thread of the topics being taught
- Become demotivated on return to school
- Lose friendships
- Miss out on important careers and guidance inputs
- Miss out on extra-curricular opportunities
- Are less likely to feel part of the school
Parents/carers and students often become confused about what excellent attendance is. Woodrush has set out the following guide for parents….
98 - 99% Excellent
96 - 97% Good
93 - 95% Requires Improvement
90 - 92% Cause for concern
Below 90% Serious cause for concern